Elite Impact Resistance.
1630 SS IR Curtain Wall is an impact resistant 3" sightline, curtain wall system that offers an additional line of defense against high winds,heavy rains, hurricanes and more. Having undergone rigorous testing to hurricane impact and blast mitigation standards, the 1630 SS IR Curtain Wall meets increasing design pressure requirements and can deliver larger spans. And, screw-spline architecture with both dry and wet glazing options make the 1630 SS IR flexible as well as easy and fast to install.
Large Missile and Small Missile Hurricane Impact tested !
Blast Mitigation tested !
>> Learn more about 1630 SS IR Curtain Wall on our interactive page
Key Features Include:
- Outside glazed captured curtain wall system
- 3" (76.2 mm) sight line
- Standard 7-13/16" (198.4 mm) or 8-13/16" (223.8 mm) depth systems
Infill 1-5/16" (33.3 mm)
- Perimeter seal can be installed at the pressure plate or mullion shoulder
- Frame options available to accommodate design pressures from 70 psf to 130 psf
- Can be supplied fabricated or in stock lengths
- Dry Glazing and Wet Glazing option
- Interlocking mullion design eliminates need for anti-buckling clips
- Concealed fastener joinery creates smooth, monolithic appearance
- EPDM gaskets and thermal break
- Screw spline joinery method allows shop assembly of ladder sections, reducing field labor
- Corners available with shear block fabrication method
- Offers entrance framing systems
- Silicone compatible glazing materials for long-lasting seals
- Two color option
- Permanodic® anodized finishes in 7 choices
- Painted finishes in standard and custom choices
- Large Missile and Small Missile Hurricane Impact tested
- Blast Mitigation tested
- Ideal for low-rise applications where high performance is desired
- Hurricane impact projects
- Projects that have blast mitigation requirements
- Most of the product assembly can be done in the shop rather than the field - this allows for better quality control and reduces expensive field labor