Kinaxis Office Building
Gladys Valley Marine Studies Building
Shorb Tower at Methodist University Hospital
Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center,
Washington State University
Alexan on 8th
University of Washington
Life Sciences Building
Cade Museum for Creativity & Invention
ProMedica Health and Wellness Center
University of Kansas Medical Center
Health Education Building
Alfred R. Goldstein Library,
Ringling College of Art and Design
Chelsea Green Condominiums
U.S. Bank Stadium
Fayetteville High School
Porsche Cars North America Experience Center and Headquarters
Museum at Prairiefire
Suzanne & Walter Scott, Jr. Bioengineering Building, Colorado State University
The Assembly Inn at Montreat Conference Center
Vandenberg Hall, U.S. Air Force Academy
Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Railroad Station
The Admiral at the Lake
Montgomery Ward Building
Georgia Gwinnett College Library
and Learning Center
St. Anthony Hospital
Cancer Center of Sacred Heart Hospital
Hot Springs Intermediate School
Geisinger Center for Health Research
PCL Centennial Learning Centre
Homer Public Library
Medical Center of the Rockies
Heifer International World Headquarters
University of Toronto
Terrence Donnelly Centre for
Cellular and Biomolecular Research
Alexan on 8th
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Situated in the heart of Atlanta’s rapidly growing Midtown neighborhood, Alexan on 8th is a 20-story high-rise apartment building featuring more than 9,000 square feet of retail space. Boasting skyline views and luxury amenities including a rooftop park, technology lounge, state-of-the art fitness center, pet spa and more, Alexan on 8th takes urban living to the next level. Designed by Atlanta-based Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio, LLC, the multifamily facility opened its doors to residents in January 2019.
Touting unparalleled views, an abundance of daylight and a sleek, modern aesthetic, the building features a broad range of solutions from Kawneer. With a premium location and glowing resident reviews, Alexan on 8th is a luxurious gem in one of Atlanta's most desirable neighborhoods.
AA®425 Thermal Entrances
350 Medium Stile Doors
FG 523T Window Wall (custom 5" depth system)
FG 623T Window Wall (6" depth system)
Custom Sliding Balcony Doors (SR2105)
2000T Terrace Doors
1600 Wall System®3 Curtain Wall
1600 Wall System®1 Curtain Wall
Trifab® VersaGlaze® 450 Framing System
LUXURIOUS GEM AT THE CENTER OF MIDTOWN
Situated in the heart of Atlanta’s rapidly growing Midtown neighborhood, Alexan on 8th is a 20-story high-rise apartment building featuring more than 9,000 square feet of retail space. Boasting skyline views and luxury amenities including a rooftop park, technology lounge, state-of-the-art fitness center, pet spa and more, Alexan on 8th takes urban living to the next level. Designed by Atlanta-based Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio, LLC, the multifamily facility opened its doors to residents in January 2019.
Delivering comfort, luxury and first-rate amenities was essential to the developer, Trammell Crow Residential. According to Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio, “Residents and their guests are greeted with the hospitality and charm of a world-class hotel on the ground floor and later provided additional resort-style opportunities.” Kawneer and Lithonia, Georgia-based Glass Systems worked with the architects to deliver a range of custom and standard glazed solutions that increased occupant comfort through accessibility, enhanced natural daylight and thermal performance.
- The developer and building team needed to ensure the building met FHA accessibility standards.
- The project is located in a dense part of Midtown Atlanta packed with already established businesses, mixed-use buildings, and pedestrian and car traffic, all of which made construction space constrained.
- Architects wanted trusted façade solutions that met their design and performance needs.
- Glass Systems was familiar and comfortable with Kawneer’s SR2105 Balcony Doors, FG 523T Window Wall and FG 623T Window Wall installation methods and performance, so they recommended the products to the design and construction team.
- The team went to work almost immediately to engineer a custom sill solution since FHA only allowed for a ¾" maximum ramp height and the SR2105 Balcony Doors typically feature a 2-1/8" sill.
- Kawneer’s Visalia manufacturing facility personnel collaborated with Glass Systems to modify the sill of the SR2105 Balcony Doors to meet FHA requirements and ensured the balcony doors would perform up to standards.
- To help address space constraints, the sliding doors were factory fabricated and shipped knocked down and ready for field assembly and glazing. This allowed the boxes to be marked and staged for each location, then delivered ready to assemble and glaze at each room.
- Additionally, Kawneer’s AA®425 Thermal Entrances delivered high thermal performance, helping keep occupants comfortable and safe.
Initial hard work and collaboration by all parties on the façade team, from Kawneer engineering and manufacturing to Glass Systems project management and installation, paid off in the long run. The result was a smooth installation that brought together the design team’s vision. With a premium location and glowing resident reviews, Alexan on 8th is a luxurious gem in the center of Midtown.
ARCHITECT: Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia
DEVELOPER: Trammell Crow Residential, Atlanta, Georgia
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: Brasfield & Gorrie, Atlanta, Georgia
CONTRACTOR/INSTALLER: Glass Systems, Lithonia, Georgia
Photography: ©The Apple Group
Alexan on 8th [1.41MB]