ProMedica Health and Wellness Center
Chelsea Green Condominiums
Park Place Lexus
Porsche Cars North America Experience Center and Headquarters
Museum at Prairiefire
Denver Union Station Transit Center
Dennis Meas Justice Center - Pueblo County Judicial Center
Nu Skin Innovation Center
Colorado State University Engineering II Building
Mile Square Health Center at the Illinois Hospital
Whitworth Robinson Science Hall, Whitworth Universitiy
Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH)
Aurora Early Learning Center
North American Headquarters
Community College of Denver - Confluence Building
Lady Bird Johnson Middle School
NASA Johnson Space Center - Building 12
Tidewater CC Learning Resource Center
Robert M. Smith Student Center, Slippery Rock University
Loyola University Chicago Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
Cooper School of Medicine - Rowan University
Los Gatos Public Library
Virginia Commonwealth University - West Grace Street Housing
Georgia Gwinnett College Library and Learning Center
Empire State Building
Tidewater CC Student Center Norfolk Campus
Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh Penguins Arena
Corporate Office Tower
Sarasota Police Headquarters
Wells Fargo Center
Rockingham Memorial Hospital
700 Sixth Street NW
Pennsylvania State University - Dickinson School of Law, Lewis Katz Building
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Molecular Foundry
Geisinger Center for Health Research
PCL Centennial Learning Centre
Homer Public Library
Medical Center of the Rockies
Ohlone Community College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
University of Florida Library West
Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
Heifer International World Headquarters
The Pennsylvania State University, School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (SALA)
Brookhaven National Laboratory, Center for Functional Nanomaterials
Missouri Department of Natural Resources - Lewis and Clark State Office Building
Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, Emory University
Chelsea Green Condominiums
New York, New York, USA
Standing 14-stories-tall, Chelsea Green Condominiums sets the bar high for the future of mixed-use multifamily living. The design team integrated the most advanced systems to maximize energy efficiency, resource conservation and indoor air quality. Featured along the building envelope, the eye-catching, bright blue Kawneer sunshades allow generous streams of daylight to fill the rooms while reducing solar heat gain. And, Kawneer’s window products are a reliable, durable solution that offer residents a cleaner, healthier lifestyle. This modern community provides a welcoming space for residents to escape and recharge, all while creating an elegant building façade that is both unique and high-performing.
350 Medium Stile Entrances
Trifab™ VersaGlaze™ 451T Framing System
Versoleil™ SunShade – Outrigger System – for Curtain Wall
TR-700 Window Wall
NX-3000 Series Windows
TR-8300 Sliding Glass Doors
“New Yorkers are the highest-performing people in the world. When they come home, they want to relax, escape, reenergize. That’s what we’re creating at Chelsea Green and each of our buildings.”
– Mike Namer, CEO & founder, Alfa Development
Chelsea Green Condominiums, a recently constructed 14-story building, sets the bar high for a new generation of mixed-use multifamily developments.
Project architect Stephen B. Jacobs Group noted Chelsea Green Condominiums is LEED Gold® certification. The design team integrated the most advanced systems to maximize energy efficiency, resource conservation and indoor air quality, such as solar-thermal panels on the roof, a heat recovery system that tempers cold air and delivers filtered fresh air year round, a state-of-the-art central heating and cooling system that allows for convenient zone control and a green roof with a rainwater irrigation system.
The high-performance building envelope features a gray Wisconsin limestone veneer, large openings with energy-efficient glazing and aluminum brise-soleils. Chelsea Green is the first residential building in New York City to have thermally broken balconies, eliminating thermal bridging or heat loss through the balcony slab. The ground floor is accented with a decorative aluminum screen inspired by vintage wrought iron organic patterns, also visible on the building’s entrance canopy.
- Allow as much daylight into the condominiums as possible without compromising the thermal efficiencies of the façade.
- Seamlessly integrate exterior sunshades and provide a sleek and vibrant solution that would make a lasting aesthetic impression.
- Provide natural ventilation options for a connection with the outside.
- Align and coordinate activities to a tight time frame and budgetary needs.
- Sleek and streamlined products outfitted with insulating glass was key. TR-700 Window Wall integrated seamlessly with TR-8300 Sliding Glass Doors and other façade components.
- To reduce solar heat gain on the glass and add an eye-catching element to the building envelope, Kawneer Versoleil™ SunShade was specified in bright blue to emphasize the building design and bring a fresh, modern look to the area.
- With distinct advantages in air, water and structural performance, NX-3000 Series Windows are a reliable, durable building solution that offers residents a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.
- Support services from Kawneer and Kilroy Architectural Windows were critical to accelerate the design and construction phases, all while creating an elegant building façade that would be both unique and high performing.
- Window Exterior – PPG Paint: Candlelight Beige
- Window Interior – Valspar Paint: Platinum Ice
- Exterior Sunshades and Brackets – Valspar Paint: Award Blue Spandrel Brake Metals & Drip – PPG Paint: Eclipse Gray
- Fixed Frame – Anodized: #14 Clear
- Doors and Immediate Frame – Valspar Paint: Platinum Ice
ARCHITECTS: Stephen B. Jacobs Group, New York, New York
OWNER: Alfa Development, New York, New York
GLAZING FABRICATOR / INSTALLER: Kilroy Architectural Windows Brooklyn, New York
Photography: © Touhey Photography
Chelsea Green Condominiums [355KB]