Chelsea Green Condominiums
New York, New York, USA
Standing 14-stories-tall, Chelsea Green Condominiums sets the bar high for the future of mixed-use multifamily living. The design team integrated the most advanced systems to maximize energy efficiency, resource conservation and indoor air quality. Featured along the building envelope, the eye-catching, bright blue Kawneer sunshades allow generous streams of daylight to fill the rooms while reducing solar heat gain. And, Kawneer’s window products are a reliable, durable solution that offer residents a cleaner, healthier lifestyle. This modern community provides a welcoming space for residents to escape and recharge, all while creating an elegant building façade that is both unique and high-performing.
350 Medium Stile Entrances
Trifab™ VersaGlaze™ 451T Framing System
Versoleil™ SunShade – Outrigger System – for Curtain Wall
TR-700 Window Wall
NX-3000 Series Windows
TR-8300 Sliding Glass Doors
“New Yorkers are the highest-performing people in the world. When they come home, they want to relax, escape, reenergize. That’s what we’re creating at Chelsea Green and each of our buildings.”
– Mike Namer, CEO & founder, Alfa Development
Chelsea Green Condominiums, a recently constructed 14-story building, sets the bar high for a new generation of mixed-use multifamily developments.
Project architect Stephen B. Jacobs Group noted Chelsea Green Condominiums is LEED Gold® certification. The design team integrated the most advanced systems to maximize energy efficiency, resource conservation and indoor air quality, such as solar-thermal panels on the roof, a heat recovery system that tempers cold air and delivers filtered fresh air year round, a state-of-the-art central heating and cooling system that allows for convenient zone control and a green roof with a rainwater irrigation system.
The high-performance building envelope features a gray Wisconsin limestone veneer, large openings with energy-efficient glazing and aluminum brise-soleils. Chelsea Green is the first residential building in New York City to have thermally broken balconies, eliminating thermal bridging or heat loss through the balcony slab. The ground floor is accented with a decorative aluminum screen inspired by vintage wrought iron organic patterns, also visible on the building’s entrance canopy.
- Allow as much daylight into the condominiums as possible without compromising the thermal efficiencies of the façade.
- Seamlessly integrate exterior sunshades and provide a sleek and vibrant solution that would make a lasting aesthetic impression.
- Provide natural ventilation options for a connection with the outside.
- Align and coordinate activities to a tight time frame and budgetary needs.
- Sleek and streamlined products outfitted with insulating glass was key. TR-700 Window Wall integrated seamlessly with TR-8300 Sliding Glass Doors and other façade components.
- To reduce solar heat gain on the glass and add an eye-catching element to the building envelope, Kawneer Versoleil™ SunShade was specified in bright blue to emphasize the building design and bring a fresh, modern look to the area.
- With distinct advantages in air, water and structural performance, NX-3000 Series Windows are a reliable, durable building solution that offers residents a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.
- Support services from Kawneer and Kilroy Architectural Windows were critical to accelerate the design and construction phases, all while creating an elegant building façade that would be both unique and high performing.
- Window Exterior – PPG Paint: Candlelight Beige
- Window Interior – Valspar Paint: Platinum Ice
- Exterior Sunshades and Brackets – Valspar Paint: Award Blue Spandrel Brake Metals & Drip – PPG Paint: Eclipse Gray
- Fixed Frame – Anodized: #14 Clear
- Doors and Immediate Frame – Valspar Paint: Platinum Ice
ARCHITECTS: Stephen B. Jacobs Group, New York, New York
OWNER: Alfa Development, New York, New York
GLAZING FABRICATOR / INSTALLER: Kilroy Architectural Windows Brooklyn, New York
Photography: © Touhey Photography
Chelsea Green Condominiums [355KB]