- CityPlace 2
- ProMedica Health and Wellness Center
- The Edge
- The Pearl
- Chelsea Green Condominiums
- Park Place Lexus
- Hunt Tower
- Porsche Cars North America Experience Center and Headquarters
- Museum at Prairiefire
- Denver Union Station Transit Center
- Dennis Meas Justice Center - Pueblo County Judicial Center
- Nu Skin Innovation Center
- Colorado State University Engineering II Building
- Mile Square Health Center at the Illinois Hospital
- Whitworth Robinson Science Hall, Whitworth Universitiy
- Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH)
- Aurora Early Learning Center
- North American Headquarters
- Community College of Denver - Confluence Building
- Lady Bird Johnson Middle School
- NASA Johnson Space Center - Building 12
- Tidewater CC Learning Resource Center
- Robert M. Smith Student Center, Slippery Rock University
- Loyola University Chicago Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- Cooper School of Medicine - Rowan University
- Los Gatos Public Library
- Virginia Commonwealth University - West Grace Street Housing
- Georgia Gwinnett College Library and Learning Center
- Empire State Building
- Tidewater CC Student Center Norfolk Campus
- W Austin
- Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh Penguins Arena
- Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse
- Corporate Office Tower
- Sarasota Police Headquarters
- Frontier Project
- Wells Fargo Center
- The Austonian
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital
- Bakery Square
- 700 Sixth Street NW
- Pennsylvania State University - Dickinson School of Law, Lewis Katz Building
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Molecular Foundry
- Geisinger Center for Health Research
- PCL Centennial Learning Centre
- Homer Public Library
- 77 CityPoint
- Medical Center of the Rockies
- Ohlone Community College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology
- Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- University of Florida Library West
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
- Heifer International World Headquarters
- The Pennsylvania State University, School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (SALA)
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, Center for Functional Nanomaterials
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources - Lewis and Clark State Office Building
- Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, Emory University
Spring, Texas, USA
Approximately 20 miles north of downtown Houston lies the forward-thinking, master-planned Springwoods Village community. Nestled in the heart of the village is CityPlace, which is designed to be a mixed-use community that unifies work, life, sustainability and technology. CityPlace 2, a 10-story 327,000-square-foot office building, also includes ground-floor retail and is a standout in this unique area.
Kawneer and Houston-based Dynamic Glass worked with architects from Gensler's Houston office to deliver solutions that provided a sleek aesthetic, while contributing to the performance and sustainability of the building. CityPlace 2 is registered with the certification goal of LEED Silver®, has achieved its design and performance goals, and is a focal point for the community.
2500 UT Unitwall™ System (with 8-inch extended face covers)
1600 Wall System™5 Curtain Wall (pre-glaze)
1600 SS Curtain Wall System
Registered with the certification goal of LEED Silver®
THE HEART OF A VILLAGE
Approximately 20 miles north of downtown Houston lies Springwood Village, a forward-thinking, master-planned community of homes, offices, retail, restaurants and hotels. Nestled in the heart of the village is CityPlace, which is designed to be a mixed-use community that unifies work, life, sustainability and technology. CityPlace 2, a 327,000-squarefoot office that is home to Houston-based American Bureau of Shipping among others, is an energy-efficient, modern building that includes ground-floor retail.
According to CityPlace developers, the Patrinely Group, “Central to the concept of CityPlace 2 is the creation of a healthy and inspiring business setting that fosters productivity and nurtures the live-work lifestyle desired by today’s brightest talent.” The sleek 10-story building was designed by Gensler Houston to have a modern, monolithic look that delivered a comfortable business environment. Kawneer and Houston-based Dynamic Glass worked with architects from Gensler’s Houston office to deliver high-performing glazed solutions that provided a sleek aesthetic, enhanced natural daylighting and offered spectacular views to the outside. Additionally, 8" face covers were placed on the façade to add texture and a visual feature that would allow the building to stand out.
- Architects wanted a high-performing façade that contributed to occupant comfort, helped reduce operating costs and increased energy efficiency.
- A tight project schedule required products that could be assembled and installed quickly and efficiently.
- Though the building looks standard from afar, there are some areas where no two panels were the same, which delivered a challenge before fabrication.
- Unitized curtain wall systems have numerous parts and pieces, which makes determining the cutting and fabrication of all units critical.
- Kawneer’s curtain wall systems were selected for the building to provide superior thermal performance, deliver an elegant aesthetic and increase natural daylight.
- The 2500 UT Unitwall™ System and 1600 Wall System™5 Curtain Wall allowed Dynamic Glass to build and glaze the units in their shop.
+ Once in the field, the units were stacked quickly and easily, which helped maintain tight project schedules.
- Brainstorming, planning, and collaboration allowed the build team to create accurate fabrication sheets for each panel and individual floor plans with unit numbers or tags, and relay information to all involved, a critical step in minimizing errors during installation.
- Kawneer provides an abundance of online information and additional resources, which allowed the project to run smoothly, stay on schedule and overcome any obstacles.
- Communication and strong dynamics between all involved in the project enabled it to come together seamlessly.
CityPlace 2 is registered with the certification goal of LEED Silver®. Through the use of a range of high-performing products, the developers and design team were able to achieve their aesthetic, performance and sustainability goals. CityPlace 2 serves as a dynamic focal point for the community.
ARCHITECT: Gensler, Houston, Texas
DEVELOPER: Patrinely Group, Houston, Texas
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: David E. Harvey Builders, Inc. , Westchase, Texas
CONTRACT GLAZIER/INSTALLER: Dynamic Glass, Houston, Texas
Photography: ©ShauLin Hon / Slyworks Photography and ©Bill Gnech/The Apple Group
CityPlace 2 [1.54MB]