Please click here to download our brochure containing maintenance and cleaning instructions for our product range.
General Guidance for Maintenance and Cleaning of Kawneer Products and Systems
A regular cleaning and maintenance regime for Kawneer products and systems is essential to ensure longevity of performance and correct functionality.
Aluminium elements require the regular use of non-aggressive cleaning agents, such as tepid water with a non-aggressive pHneutral (6-8), non-acetose ammonia-free detergent.
Kawneer products are equipped with superior quality hardware, promoting smooth, long-life system operation.
Seamless product operation is achieved through careful attention to maximum weights and dimensions on a product by product basis.
• Fittings operation can be checked on the handle. Locking and unlocking forces are defined according to EN12046. Greasing or adjustment of fittings will help to increase ease
• System operation is dependent on correct fastening of fittings.
• Check strength and positioning of screws in aluminium profiles. Loose or damaged screws should be fixed or replaced.
Unsuitable for Cleaning
• Hard materials, such as knives, steel wool, metal scrapers, sandpaper etc. Use of these will damage surface finishes.
• Avoid using aggressive or corrosive cleaning agents. These could potentially cause irreversible damage to surfaces.
NOTE: Marine, aggressive or chlorine environments carry additional cleaning and maintenance demands, which should be handled on a project basis, and according to the manufacturers requirements.