Made in the UK
Kawneer UK controls manufacturing from ‘end to end’ - this is from extrusion of the aluminium billet through to the insertion of the thermal breaks and finally powder coat paint finish. Unlike some alternative aluminium systems sold within the UK which are simply ‘warehousing’ of profiles made overseas, virtually every single aluminium component is extruded in Runcorn, NW England.
Kawneer UK Ltd specialises in the manufacture and supply of architectural aluminium building products and systems which include curtain wall, windows and commercial entrance doors and framing systems.
Kawneer UK Ltd recognises the impact of its business activities on all its stake holders and the environment and promoting ethical and sustainable principles in its business activities.
Kawneer is an Arconic company and as such is fully committed to Arconic's policies and procedures for Environmental Control, Sustainability, Ethics and Compliance. These are communicated through the Arconic website.
The Kawneer UK Ltd Management Team is responsible for implementation of this policy. The Management Team will periodically assess the effectiveness of the Policy and the site's arrangements, to ensure it remains appropriate and relevant to the business and will endeavour to integrate the principles of sustainability into our strategies, policies and procedures.
In accordance with the policy statement Kawneer UK Ltd will:-
Control its environmental risk:
Promote and adopt best practice and continuous improvement:
- Setting and reviewing objectives and targets based on the sites significant environmental risks.
- Prevention of pollution and minimisation of waste.
- Promote and adopt sustainable initiatives.
- Continual improvement of all processes and impacts.
Kawneer UK Ltd is committed to maintaining and developing in an ethical and sustainable manner by adopting the Arconic requirements for Ethics and sustainability and effective resource use by:
- Maximising Energy and water efficiency of our operations.
- Minimise waste generation and disposal to landfill and drive efficient use of constituent materials to enable reduction in scrap and waste products.
- Promote sustainable travel options to and from Kawneer UK.
- Develop and implement a sustainable procurement policy to ensure social, ethical and environmental scrutiny of products and services whilst achieving best value.
- Considering the full life cycle impacts of our products when procuring raw materials and developing new products with our customers.
- Ensure all employees are trained in ethical business requirements.
- The purchase and use of recycled materials including recycled aluminium billet in our production process.
Communicate with, and inform Kawneer UK Ltd staff and stakeholders:
- Maintaining our employee's awareness of Environmental and Sustainability information through various media including training and development.
- Inform all stakeholders through the Kawneer UK Ltd website or information provided on request.
- Record and investigate all complaints and prosecutions and implement corrective actions.
Working with external authorities and bodies:
- Develop good working relationship with all relevant external authorities.
- Develop links with appropriate environmental bodies and associations.
- Report any incidents as required.
This policy is communicated to all persons working under the control of Kawneer UK Ltd. The policy is available on request to the public and other interested parties.