Please click here to download our Sustainability Brochure.
At Kawneer we take all our responsibilities very seriously. We’re dedicated to creating products and systems that promote integrated, whole-building design practices.
We continuously review the impact of both our products and our working practices to set new industry standards and we also recognise the responsibility we have to our people and to the communities in which we work.
We have developed leading-edge production techniques to ensure that manufacturing efficiency is optimised, and environmental impact is minimised. Our right-first-time quality management systems have been devised to minimise waste and exceed the requirements of current ISO 9001 standards.
There are a number of ways in which we continue to reduce our impact on the environment. Here are just a few:
- For our own production, we use recycled aluminium billets 100% of the time and all of our production waste is recycled back to a smelter to be re-used.
- By having extrusion, paint and thermal break rolling all under one roof, the number of miles our products travel in the supply chain is at a minimum.
- Our high quality polyester powder paint finishes are produced on our behalf by AkzoNobel, a global company with an equally impressive commitment to sustainability.
- At Kawneer UK, a focused site-wide team has reduced average power consumption by 28.5%, gas consumption by 32.18% and water intensity usage by 62.34% since 2008.
- Kawneer is accredited to Environmental Standard – ISO 14001 (2004 Version). The sales, design, manufacture and supply of aluminium architectural products.
- STOP PRESS - KAWNEER UK BECOMES THE WORLD'S FIRST ALUMINIUM COMPANY TO ACHIEVE THE BES 6001 FRAMEWORK STANDARD FOR RESPONSIBLE SOURCING OF CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS - CLICK TO FIND OUT MORE