AA®720 Juliet BalconyKawneer’s Juliet Balcony is an integrated solution that suites with the AA®720 window system and which differs significantly from alternative systems/methods as it is created as part of the ‘window package’, saving cost and time on site and eliminating the need for additional sub contractor trades.
The Kawneer premium aluminium AA®720 window and door system now has the additional option of an integrated Juliet Balcony. This architectural design feature differs significantly from alternative systems/methods as the balcony is created as part of the ‘window package’, saving cost and time on site and eliminating the need for additional sub contractor trades.
The AA®720 Juliet Balcony can be used in various applications such as high end self build homes, residential blocks, offices or commercial projects (subject to loading conditions). This is a turnkey solution that completely eliminates the need for additional trades, as it is an integrated solution and does not draw support from other elements of the building structure. And because the aluminium extrusion that creates the balcony profile is suited as part of the AA®720 window system, it allows the building designer to create whole elevations of windows and doors with a unified visual appearance.
The Kawneer Juliet Balcony has been fully tested and is manufactured from an optimised number of engineered components, creating a value engineered solution and offering ease of fabrication and installation.
Product Features and Benefits
- Can be designed as French casement or as open in with tilt functionality
- Choose from single or double door designs
- Size parameters- min width – single door is 650mm, max width double door 2 x 1000mm (for wider widths, please consult Kawneer Technical Services)
- Height to top edge of glazing panel is 1100mm to 1500mm - glazing thickness from 10-18mm (depends upon width and load)
- Conforms to BS6180:2011 for line and point loads and BS EN 13049:2013 impact test
- Fabricated and attached to the main window frame as part of the factory fabrication process - weathered using EPDM gaskets, drained and ventilated system
- Can be used in ‘punched openings’ for example in masonry elevations or as part of curtain wall facades