Kawneer's complete range of Fire Resistant solutions enables design flexibility when fire protection is a requirement to building design.
Kawneer's product solutions enable safe evacuation of building occupants by offering fire and smoke protection in escape routes. They can also be used to prevent the spread of fire through the building and to adjacent buildings.
The performance of this system is heavily dependent on the performance of the individual profiles, hardware items, specialist glazing and the interface between the system and the building structure. All these factors have been carefully considered in the development of this product.
The AA®720 FR consists of door and fixed light variants that are compliant with the latest European standards offering 30 minute insulation and integrity.
This is cleverly achieved using additional components to the standard AA®720 System and with the use of specialist fire-rated glazing.
- Same versatility as the AA®720 Series
- Extensive panic hardware offer
- Wide range of hardware options
- Specialist cooling material within the profiles
- Intumescent strip
- Specialist steel glazing clips and retaining bolts
- Suites with AA®100/AA®110 FR Curtain Walling
- Tested and certified in accordance with DIN EN 1634-1 and DIN EN 1634-3 at various locations
- Similar UFrame values as the standard AA®720 Door and Fixed Light variants
With the decisive advantage of…
- Inward and outward opening single and double doors, combined with integrated fixed lights
- Integrated panic doors
- Large range of options and configurations for Architects and Specifiers
- Helps keep the aluminium at a temperature under the melting point
- Protection against smoke and heat penetration
- Maintaining the structural integrity of the system
- Total design flexibility. Offering total project solutions
- Offering protection against both fire and smoke
- Complies with all current thermal regulations
- Profile depths and widths are the same as the standard AA®720 System
Kawneer's AA®720 FR has been tested in accordance with DIN EN 1634-1 achieving El230 (insulation and integrity), and has met the requirements of DIN EN 1634-3 for smoke protection. Testing has been carried out at various locations.
It has also been tested to:
Air Infiltration BS EN 12207: 2000 (Class C2)
Watertightness BS EN 12208: 2000 (Class 4A)
Wind Resistance BS EN 12210: 2000 (Class 2)
The AA®720 FR has been tested with specialist glazing. All glazing options are available in the AA®720 FR Product Manual.
For advice and support and to ensure you find the best solution for your individual project needs, please contact our Architectural Services Team.