GT70 Slimline Renovation Window
Suitable for installation in new build or refurbishment projects, the GT70 Window is an elegant aluminium fenestration solution designed specifically to replicate the appearance of steel windows.
Related Case Studies:
The GT70 Slimline Renovation Window is an elegant aluminium fenestration solution designed specifically to replicate the appearance of steel windows. Suitable for installation in new build or refurbishment projects, the GT70 window combines the optimum technical performance expected of today’s aluminium windows, with the fine sightlines characteristic of original steel windows. These slender sightlines are enhanced further by optional bevelled designed feature caps adding a unique sculptured effect to the external surface of the building.
Product Features and Benefits
- Fine sightline characteristics of steel windows providing a suitable replication for steel windows with additional benefits associated with aluminium, such as the high strength to weight ratio
- Suitable for composite and ribbon windows
- Option for open out or open in to meet your project design requirements and user flexibility
- A range of structural and coupling mullions available
- Special bevelled beads, or feature caps, add a unique sculptured appearance to the building
- Concealed drainage system to enhance the building’s aesthetics
- Accommodates glazing up to 54mm for inside glazed or 33mm for outside glazed
Framing construction incorporates fill and debridge thermal break with resin. All frames have mechanically jointed and adhesive bonded corners. Installation can be by the direct fix method or by twist in fixing lugs.
The GT70 Slimline Renovation Window offers the following design configurations:
- Top Hung
- Side Hung
- Tilturn (Side Hung)
- Tilturn (Bottom Hung)
Inward opening windows are internally glazed and outward opening windows are externally glazed with a maximum glass thickness of 54mm for inside glazed and 33mm for outside glazed.
The GT70 Window has 600 Pa Air Infiltration, 600 Pa Watertightness and 1200 Pa (Windload)* and 1750 Pa (Safety)* Wind Resistance, results based on an Open-In Window. Details of the Kawneer product tests are available from the Technical Services Department at Runcorn.
* This is dependant upon correct mullion and transom selection to suit span and spacing per project
For advice and support and to ensure you find the best solution for your individual project needs, please contact our Architectural Services Team.