AA®541 Casement Window
The AA®541 Casement Window is designed to offer optimum weather and thermal performance at a competitive price. It is available as a top hung or side hung window with single or dual colour options.
Related Case Studies:
Foss Park Hospital
The Copper House
Plot A7, The Slate Yard
Poole Gateway Building, Bournemouth University
BTR Towers, Erie Basin
Templeman Library, University of Kent
Mathematical Sciences Building
Mitford unit, Northgate Hospital
Newcastle Girls High School
Smythe Library, Tonbridge School
Sibson Building, University of Kent
Lane Fox REMEO® Centre
Fusion Building, Bournemouth University
CUBRIC Building, Cardiff University
Ashington Leisure Centre
Cardiff and Vale College
Energy Safety Research Institute
Gateway to the Valleys Secondary School
City Heights Academy
Penarth Learning Community
Prime Four Business Park
Trumpington Meadows Primary School
Bell Green Retail Park
Cardiff Business School
Notre Dame Catholic College
St Catherine's Academy, Bolton
Eastern Gateway Building, Brunel University
The AA®541 Casement Window is designed to offer optimum weather and thermal performance at a competitive price. The AA®541 corresponds to the BRE Global Green Guide online generic specification for windows and achieves a summary rating of A+ for non-domestic schemes**. The AA®541 uses a multi-chamber thermal break core, ensuring thermal efficiency and full compliance with Document L.
The AA®541 Casement is available as a top hung or side hung window and the polyamide thermal break offers single or dual colour options along with enhanced thermal performance. The excellent weather performance ensures that the AA®541 is suitable for low or high rise applications.
Suitable for new build and refurbishment projects, the AA®541 is the window of choice for all applications in the Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Retail and Residential markets where cost is the key driver.
Product Features and Benefits
- BRE Green Guide ‘A+’ Rated Frame** for projects that require sustainable and environmental advantages
- Multi-point locking for enhanced security in line with PAS 24:2016*
- Optional trickle ventilation to assist in meeting the requirements of Document F
- Espagnolette locking and key locking handles for added security
- Projected top, side hung or butt hinge options for increased project design flexibility and solutions
- Suites with AA®545 Swing Door, AA®100/AA®110 Curtain Walling, 451PT Framing System and Door Systems
- Offset handle position (side hung) for safety in use
- Interlocking wedge spacers for enhanced weather performance even on large windows
- 100mm fixed restrictor with adjustable friction in compliance with BS 8213
- Folding openers with link bars for safety in use
- Accommodates glazing up to 39mm
- Standard hardware groove offering a cost effective hardware solution
** Corresponds to the BRE Global Green Guide online generic specification for windows and achieves a summary rating of A+ for non-domestic schemes.
Element Number 1231500011
Crimped with mechanical corner cleats. Corner braces are also used.
Weathering is achieved by the use of single and dual durometer, EPDM gaskets - all with non-shrinking cord.
Pressure equalised system.
Glazing and panels up to 39mm thickness can be accommodated.
The AA®541 Casement Window has been independently tested to PAS 24:2016
* Does not refer to standard hardware, security hardware required
Independently Weather Performance Tested to BS 6375-1: 2015:
Air Infiltration (BS EN 12207:2000): Class 4 (600 Pa)
Watertightness (BS EN 12208:2000): Class 9A (600 Pa)
Wind Resistance (BS EN 12210:2000): Class E2400 (2400 Pa)
Window complies with Operation and Strength Test BS 6375 Pt2: 2015
Details of the Kawneer product tests are available from the Technical Services Department at Runcorn.
For advice and support and to ensure you find the best solution for your individual project needs, please contact our Architectural Services Team.