GT70S Slimline Renovation Window
The GT70S Slimline Renovation Window is an elegant aluminium open-in fenestration solution designed specifically to replicate the appearance of steel windows. It is suitable for installation in new build or refurbishment projects.
Related Case Studies:
The GT70S Slimline Renovation Window is an elegant aluminium open-in fenestration solution designed specifically to replicate the appearance of steel windows. Suitable for installation in new build or refurbishment projects.
The GT70S uses a multi-chamber thermal break core ensuring thermal efficiency and full compliance with Approved Document L and Scottish Building Standards Part 6. Available as a tilt before turn or turn only window and uses polyamide thermal break offering single or dual colour options.
The products slender sightlines are enhanced further by optional bevelled designed feature caps adding a unique sculptured effect to the external surface of the building.
Product Features and Benefits
- Fine sightline characteristics of steel windows providing a suitable replication for steel windows with additional benefits associated with aluminium, such as the high strength to weight ratio
- Suitable for composite and ribbon windows
- Available as a tilt before turn or turn only window
- A range of structural and coupling mullions available
- Special bevelled beads, or feature caps, add a unique sculptured appearance to the building. Ideal for heritage projects
- Concealed drainage system to enhance the building’s aesthetics
- Accommodates glazing up to 64mm
Framing construction incorporates a multi-chamber thermal break core ensuring thermal efficiency and full compliance with Document L. All frames have mechanically jointed and adhesive corners. Installation can be by the direct fix method or by twist-in fixing lugs.
The GT70S Slimline Renovation Window offers the following design configurations:
- Tilturn (Side Hung)
- Tilturn (Bottom Hung)
Accommodates glazing up to 64mm. Box bead option for enhanced security.
Independently Weather Performance Tested to BS EN 12207: 2016:
Air Infiltration (BS EN 12207): 600 Pa
Watertightness (BS EN 12208): 600 Pa
Wind Resistance (BS EN 12210): 2400 Pa (Windload)* and 1750 Pa (Safety)*
* This is dependant upon correct mullion and transom selection to suit span and spacing per project.
Details of the Kawneer product tests are available from the Technical Services Department at Runcorn.
Independently tested by a UKAS accredited testing authority to PAS 24:2016.
* Does not refer to standard hardware, security hardware required.
For advice and support and to ensure you find the best solution for your individual project needs, please contact our Architectural Services Team.