AA®110 65mm Curtain Wall System
The AA®110 65mm curtain wall system is designed as a stick-frame assembly with weather performance achieved by drainage and ventilation of the glazing rebates. The system has been further developed to accommodate up to +/- 15mm differential vertical movement between the façade and the supporting sub-structure.
Related Case Studies:
National Automotive Innovation Centre
University House, University of Birmingham
BTR Towers, Erie Basin
Canolfan S4C Yr Egin, University of Wales
Maurice Wilkes Building
Holiday Inn Express
St Andrew Square
Kier Construction Eastern HQ
Ashington Leisure Centre
One Central Square
Cardiff and Vale College
Alder Hey Children's Hospital
Aberdeen Criminal Justice Centre
Prime Four Business Park
British Gas at Oxford Business Park
Spires Academy, Canterbury
Stratford Halo, London
The Grange School
Quartermile 20 and 21
The Quays, Chatham Maritime
Enterprise Centre, University of Reading
Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
Nine, Edinburgh BioQuarter
Marine Operations Centre
Click here for further information on the AA®110 Large Movement Joint allowing increased Building Movement of up to +/- 15mm
The AA®110 65mm curtain wall system is designed as a stick-frame assembly with weather performance achieved by drainage and ventilation of the glazing rebates. Drainage and ventilation occurs at every mullion and transom connection in a zone drained system and at the base and above mullion joints in a mullion drained system. The system is available in a variety of mullion depths which combined with several thermal break options and aesthetic external capping provide flexibility of design, outstanding performance and ease of installation to suit individual project requirements.
The AA®110 is suitable for vertical and sloped applications including faceted walls. A deeper glazing rebate meets the requirements for barrier loading and enables facades to stand up to high levels of building movement.
Allowances for slab deflection of +/- 15mm can be achieved. Large glass panels can be used allowing more natural light penetration. In addition, less metal results in an aesthetically pleasing building – on the whole better for both the environment and the building occupier.
The system has been exclusively designed, developed and supplied by Kawneer, with installation contracts carried out by approved Dealers.
Please see the below to assist with choosing the right system for your project:
A comprehensive range of mullions and transoms allow façades to be designed with minimal structural support. The selection of mullion is dependent on several factors:
- The span (the distance between the fixings to supporting structure)
- The mullion centres (up to 3.5m using AA®110 curtain walling)*
- Windload (up to 2400 Pa)
- Maximum weight of infill (up to 600kg)
- The deflection limitations of the glazing system
- The drainage method required; i.e. zone or mullion
- Floor slab live load deflection
Guidance on this element of the curtain wall design should be sought from the Kawneer Architectural Services Team.
* For mullion centres greater than 3.5m contact the Technical Services Team at Runcorn.
Product Features and Benefits
- Concealed zone drainage – each pane acts as an individual self-draining unit or mullion drainage – ventilation and drainage via the mullions
- Fully capped (zone drained and mullion drained with wide choice of facecap options)
- Bespoke face caps available (subject to approval)
- Glazing up to 50mm
- Thermal performance to meet or exceed current Building Regulations
- Incorporates AA®130 Brise Soleil System
- Tested and certified in accordance with CWCT Sequence B
- Range of mullion, transom and face cap options with 65mm sightlines
- Facilitates the integration of opening window products including a concealed vent option
- A range of thermal break options are available
- Offers a cost effective solution for barrier loading
- Floor slab live load deflection of +/- 15mm is achievable**
** Contact the Technical Services Department at Runcorn for advice.
AA®110 HC/VC (Horizontal/Vertical Cap)
The Horizontal/Vertical Cap provides the specifier the opportunity to highlight the horizontal or vertical features across the building envelope and gives the building its individual signature. The variety of distinctive face caps gives total flexibility in design. The system has been exclusively designed, developed and supplied by Kawneer, with installation contracts carried out by approved Dealers.
For Curtain Wall Product Characteristics/Regulations Click here
For advice and support and to ensure you find the best solution for your individual project needs, please contact our Architectural Services Team.